- 20-Dec-2013 to 18-Feb-2014 (EST)
- Student Affairs
- NY, USA
- Full Time
Daemen College seeks an experienced, dynamic, and self-motivated professional to lead the Division of Student Affairs. The Vice President for Student Affairs (VPSA) is the College's senior Student Affairs officer and reports directly to the President. The VPSA provides leadership and vision in creating a campus culture that values and actively promotes the academic achievement and personal development of all students; plays a lead role in providing a safe, welcoming, and educationally supportive campus environment for all students; and fosters collaborative relationships among all campus constituents and the local community.
The VPSA is responsible for the administration of student life on campus, including residence life, discipline, student activities, NCAA Division II athletics, campus ministry, health and insurance services, orientation and student leadership development, switchboard, and food service; the position responsibilities also include the coordination of many aspects of compliance with Business Services (Security) and Academic Affairs (Associate VP for Academic Affairs).
The successful candidate will:
- Serve as a member of the President's Cabinet
- Participate actively in the Student Affairs Committee of the Board of Trustees
- Assist the President in decision making and communication of college-wide policies
- Coordinate the preparation and implementation of budgets within the Student Affairs division to ensure achievement of College-wide priorities and balanced budgets
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local, and College regulations and policies
- Provide a vibrant living and learning environment
- Oversee, in coordination with Physical Plant, Student Affairs facilities, including on-campus residence halls, dining facilities, and the student union building, Wick Campus Center
- Continue to build and maintain a student-centered, diverse, and inclusive campus community
- Oversee the development of internal and external reports, the assessment and evaluation of programs, and initiation of enhancements as appropriate
- Promote the strategic direction of the College with both internal and external constituents as set forth in the most current college strategic plan
- Continue to further develop and implement the International Recruiting Plan in conjunction with Enrollment Management
- Represent the College in community activities and organizations at local, state and national levels
- Act as the President's liaison to national, statewide, and local meetings on student matters
- Provide leadership to and evaluation of Student Affairs staff
- Continue to build and further strengthen relationships with faculty and staff in support of out-of-classroom experiences and learning
- Develop, implement, and maintain strategies that preserve the quality of a residential student experience; continue to address experiences of quality for commuter student life
- Develop, refine, maintain, and implement an appropriate level of student support services and activities programs
- Take an active role in student retention, along with all members of the campus community
- Oversee the College's admission to NCAA Division II status and then our progress as Western New York's only Division II institution
- Chair the Student Life Committee, and Co-chair (with the VP of Business Affairs) the Campus Safety and Security Committee
- Maintain and further develop student judicial procedures
- Coordinate with the VP of Business Affairs about Security staff and security issues
- Supervise all aspects of the Orientation Program including summer, Welcome Back Weekend, and transfer orientation prior to each semester
This is a full-time, twelve-month position; the successful candidate must be capable of working beyond the normal College work day, as necessary, and must be available for weekend and evening functions, as appropriate.
- A graduate degree in Higher Education Administration, Student Affairs Administration or a related field
- At least 8 years of progressive leadership experience in college or university settings
- Excellent writing and verbal skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to work positively, effectively and collaboratively with students, administrative colleagues, faculty, staff, state legislative leaders, civic and business leaders, and the public at large
- Comfort with responding to a dynamic and changing educational environment and working within a collaborative work environment
- Sincere commitment to inclusive, respectful diversity in all of its forms
- Demonstrated qualities of integrity, flexibility, and creativity
- A terminal degree in Higher Education Administration, Student Affairs Administration, or a related field
- Extensive direct experience in Student Affairs
- Familiarity with Clery Act reporting and on-going training
- Familiarity with effective "threat assessment" processes
To apply please submit a letter of application, a resume and contact information for five professional references to http://daemen.applicantpro.com
Applications received by January 15, 2014 will receive fullest consideration.
Visit daemen.edu/VPSASearch for further information on the position and Daemen College.
Daemen College is an AA/EOE and strongly encourages applications from women, veterans, people of color and candidates who will contribute to and support the cultural fluency and diversity of our campus.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!