- 01-Jul-2013 to 13-Aug-2013 (EST)
- Counseling Services
- Amherst, NY, USA
- Full Time
Department: Counseling Services
Official Title: Director of Counseling Services
Number of Individuals with this job description: One
Organizational Unit/Department: Student Affairs
Work Location: Wick Center
Title of immediate supervisor:
Titles of other positions reporting to this position: Counselors
Purpose of position: To develop and manage a counseling center
- Work collaboratively with the VP for Student Affairs and Director of Health & Insurance Services to formulate and administer counseling policies and procedures, including updates based on emerging legislation;
- Maintain confidentiality within the confines of best practices and the educational pursuits of student clients;
- Maintain and schedule coverage for the counseling offices and manage the administration of the office so as to provide a fully functioning office during the hours students require services;
- Build a team of experienced part-time counselors and work collaboratively to explore ways to best serve the needs of the students;
- Supervise the staff of the counseling office;
- Explore ways to increase funding for student counseling services;
- Provide individual and group counseling services to students which may involve extended evening and weekend hours;
- Provide psychological evaluations;
- Establish the counseling center as a campus resource by building relationships with campus constituencies regarding student concerns;
- Develop programs which will best meet the needs of the students;
- Develop and provide reports to support campus assessment and annual reporting needs;
- Serve on campus committees as appropriate.
Required competencies: NYS licensed mental health counselor.
Preferred competencies: Credentialed alcoholism and substance abuse counselor, school counseling certification.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!