- 28-Jun-2013 to 08-Aug-2013 (EST)
- Amherst, NY, USA
- Full Time
Official Title: Administrative Asst. to Department Chair
Number of Individuals
With the Job Description: One
Organizational Unit/Department: Education
Work Location: Duns Scotus Room 140 (Or as assigned).
Title of Immediate Supervisor: Education Department Chair
Title of Other Positions Reporting
To This Position: None
Purpose of Position: To provide clerical support to the Education Department Chair and to the department faculty as assigned by the Chair.
- Performs general clerical work, e.g. word processing, typing, filing, etc; operates standard office machinery and e-portfolio and website design/application
- Performs receptionist and related functions, e.g., answers requests regarding available services; completes various forms; provides coverage on the telephones including basic assessment of transfer student/new student records
- Provides a positive and welcoming face for the education department
- Word processes or types correspondence and reports from written draft, notes, or tape; proofreads own or other’s typed work
- Takes dictation and transcribes notes of meetings, etc.
- Order, receives, distributes and records supplies, equipment for staff, according to prescribed procedure
- Maintains and updates routine lists, master calendar, performs routine and bulk mailings, e.g., newsletters, notices of meetings, flyers, etc.
- Under the supervision of the Chair, maintains Department workload spreadsheets and tracks budget expenditures, completed Departmental purchase requisitions, and maintains departmental budget records
- Coordinates large departmental activities such as appreciation dinners, student meetings, faculty retreats, etc. as assigned
- Coordinates routine program information. Collects, disseminates materials, schedules activities, e.g. meetings, evaluations, bulletin boards, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of communications, especially with relation to student information
- Maintains the data base for student teaching records and provides secretarial support for the Education Department Coordinator of Field Experiences and Student Teaching Coordinator
- Assists in maintaining neat appearance of public areas and department displays
- Travels to other locations to perform related clerical functions as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Associates degree or higher and several years of administrative support experience or administrative experiences or executive assistance experience
- Proficient in office terminology, procedures and equipment and use of all aspects of Microsoft suite including data base knowledge and mail merge experience
- Prior budget experience
- E-portfolio experience and experience working with websites
- Have the ability to type 45-50 wpm
- Ability to take dictation and transcribe at a satisfactory rate of speed
- Have the ability to work closely in a team or by one self
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Must be dependable, take initiative and be resourceful
- Able to problem-solve with little direction within the philosophy/priorities of the office
- Able to multitask and work with multiple priorities
- Seeks improvement of technical skills
Position full time for 52 weeks; 35 hours per week and may require extra hours during the peak time.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!